We started things off with a couple of drinks; Dishae ordered "The Freeman," a Gin-Martini drink, and I went with a smoked whiskey sour called "The Glass Eye." First off, I absolutely despise whiskey. The bartender misinterpreted my original order of tequila sour however, I rolled with the punch.
| The Glass Eye (left) & The Freeman (right) |
Second, the Glass Eye was a potent yet enjoyable contradiction of the whiskey sour; a splash of Vermouth and Absinthe shook with a double serving of Bushmill's, chilled over a carved eye of ice and lemon twists to tie it all together. I can't speak for Dishae's Freeman but I know they wanted to make us keep drinking (We made the switch to brews after dinner). The food, although organic and locally grown, is simply an acute view on the traditional American pub food we're accustomed to. No condiments like ranch or BBQ here, just garlic aioli and Tabasco for spice. Our burgers were surprisingly lean and fresh; not the "Oh shit, I need to go the restroom" kind of meal.
| Orange Avenue Wit (Coronado Brewing Co.) & Hemp Ale (Nectar Ale Co.) And the lovely Dishae Sanchez. |
2 entrees and 4 drinks w/tip = $60.00 ... Seriously, find a reason to go. As if a visit to the turtle pond wasn't enough persuasion for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment